What does TPP consider when making grant decisions?
Our grant advisor teams evaluate grant proposals based on their own experience of doing similar work. During their review they also consider a number of factors, including:
- The applicant’s personal connection to the issue they want to address.
- The applicant’s connection to the community where the project takes place.
- The community’s support for the project.
- The applicant’s passion and commitment to their work.
- The applicant’s alignment with the values of Heartivism.
- The clarity of the application including what the problem is and the applicant’s plan for addressing it.
- The project’s alignment with TPP’s mission to further kindness and compassion.
- The project’s potential to create a ripple effect.
- The impact of a TPP grant in helping achieve the project’s desired outcomes. For example, how much total funding is needed for the work, how much has been raised to date?
- The project’s budget and whether it shows value for the funding requested. For example, has the applicant taken steps to maximize the impact of their work by working with volunteers and soliciting in-kind donations?
- The project’s potential for growth and sustainability.
What information do I need to provide to apply?
TPP accepts all applications for funding through an online application form. The link to our application portal can be found at the end of these information pages. Please note, we are unable to accept emailed submissions or requests for funding in any other form.
All applicants will be required to provide the name and contact information for a referee at the time of application. We require that referees have a professional email address. We suggest contacting your proposed referee to ensure they are willing to provide a reference on your behalf before applying. When you apply, TPP will send an email to that person requesting that they complete an online reference form on your behalf. There is no formal letter of recommendation needed, only the online reference form.
Please ensure with your referee that they fill out the reference form in English.