Frequently Asked Questions About Our Grant Process
- That your project meets our funding guidelines.
- That your organization or group does not have any paid staff.
- That this grant would not be used for ongoing operating expenses for an established project or group.
- For grants outside the US we require that the applicant has either:
- a bank account that can receive payments in US dollars in their name or the name of their organization
- OR a Paypal account in their own name or in the name of their organization .
- We cannot complete payment for grants where the applicant or organization does not have either a Paypal or bank account in their name, and we cannot make payments via any other persons’ account.
TPP does not seek to limit our funding to particular types of projects or issues. We are a values led organization and our goal is support early stage projects which move us toward a more compassionate, just, and sustainable world for all.
We believe in the power change at the individual and community level, and so our role is to offer funding, belief, and support that helps take those early stage projects and ideas to the next level – whatever they may be. For more information about the specifics of what we can and cannot fund, please see here.
If you would like a nomination from a community partner who knows you and your work well, please ask them to send a recommendation to us at [email protected]
We cannot advise on your personal tax situation, but as long as grant money is used for qualified project purposes and no funds are used to pay the grantee or any member of a grantee’s family for working on the project, then we will not need to issue a 1099 or report your grant income to the IRS.
If you are a U.S. based grantee and you do not submit receipts and reporting for your grant, then we do issue a 1099 form and report your grant as taxable income to the IRS.
- Follow through with the project as you have laid it out to the best of your ability. Submit reporting which includes what you achieved, what you learned and how you spend the grant funds. Go to Reporting Requirements for details on what to include.
- Take photos or videos showcasing your project in action, and include these photos and videos in your project report.
- Track your expenses and submit all receipts with your final report to show how you spent the grant funds.
- Allow your project to be highlighted, publicized and shared by The Pollination Project.
- Make your best effort to spend the money as you proposed. Follow the restrictions listed in your contract when spending the funds, and contact us before making any changes.