Success Tips for Submitting A Quality Grant Application
We receive up to 25 applications every day! It can be a competitive process. These tips are designed to help you create a compelling and competitive application. We recommend you print this page to refer to as you complete your application.
- Think through your application and take the time to explain the project in clear and simple terms. Get feedback on your application from a friend or family member. Be sure to proofread your application before you submit it.
- If your application includes a budget item for food or meals, please be sure to note in your application that this food will be vegan (no animal or dairy products).
- If your application includes a budget item for printed promotional materials or anything that can only be used once, be sure to note that you are using the most environmentally-friendly option available (such as re-used, recycled content, etc).
- If your project requires more than $1,000 to be successful in its first / launch phase, please make sure to elaborate on how you will raise the rest of the funds.
- Sending photos or a simple video of you talking about your project will go a long way with our judging panel. It is not required, but it can make a difference.
- In some cases, applicants are referred by one of our organizational partners or ambassadors. If you have a personal relationship with one of these organizations or people, please include their recommendation (or note your relationship to them) in your application.
- Read our “cheat sheet”: Common Reasons that We Decline to Fund a Project.
Our evaluation process takes around 8-12 weeks depending on the volume of applications we receive and depending on the clarity of your project. In some cases, if you leave something pertinent out, we might need to ask for extra information which slows our process down.
Thanks again for your vision and we look forward to reading your application! Good luck and thank you for your work in the world.