Youth Empowered Action (YEA) Camp is a social justice leadership camp that trains aspiring activists to make a bigger difference on the causes they care about. Since 2009, YEA Camp has trained over 700 teens to get active and be more effective on the issues of their choice
Whether you care about racism, climate change, bullying, homelessness, animal cruelty, women’s rights, gun control, police brutality, all of the above, or another important issue, YEA Camp will help you bring about change on a cause you care about.
Our week-long overnight youth camps are for 12-17 year-olds who want to make the world a better place. YEA Camp is a life-changing camp for world-changing teens!
YEA Camp is for you if you:
- See so many problems in our world and want help figuring out what to do about them.
- Want to meet more people your age who are as awesome and compassionate about making a difference in the world as you are.
- Are looking to build your confidence so you can speak up effectively and get more active on a cause you care about.
- Are willing to get outside your comfort zone so you can get training that will help you become a better leader.
- Wouldn’t mind having one of the best experiences of your life.
Our proven curriculum focuses on building knowledge, skills, confidence, and community — essential for any activist! If you’re passionate about progressive causes and you want help making a bigger impact, YEA Camp was created just for you.
YEA Camp will help you:
- Strengthen your confidence and belief in yourself.
- Develop amazingly close friendships with super nice people who care as much as you do.
- Get tons of ideas and examples of ways you can make a difference.
- Gain individualized mentorship from experienced staff and like-minded peers in our small camp environment.
- Find your voice to speak up about what’s important to you.
- Deepen your understanding of the problems in our world and how to fix them.
- Learn skills you can apply right away to make a difference in your community.
- Improve your people skills while also caring less what others think of you.
- Become part of an inspiring community who will cheer you on long after camp ends.
The cost for YEA Camp is on a sliding scale. The full cost is $1600. We offer sliding scale registration for those who need. Monthly payment plans are also available when you register.
Included in the cost of tuition is:
- comfortable cabin lodging at our beautiful venue for 8 days and 7 nights
- nutritious mostly organic vegan food (3 meals a day, 2 healthy snacks, and dessert!) prepared by incredible on-site chefs
- highly experienced adult staff supervision and teaching at a phenomenal camper-to-staff-ratio of less than 3:1
- inclusion in our post-camp follow-up community to be able to support campers long after the summer is over
- opportunities after camp to learn of relevant grants, scholarships, and events that we find out about
- leadership experience that many of our campers focus on in college applications
We hope you can join us!