For 10 years now, Youth Empowered Action (YEA) Camp has been the premier social justice leadership camp for teens. In 2018, due to popular demand, we started YEA Camp for adults who want to make a bigger difference in the world!
In this unforgettable week, we blend the best elements of a silly and heartwarming summer camp, a rejuvenating retreat, and a transformational activist training to help you on your change-making path for years to come. Our proven curriculum focuses on building knowledge, skills, confidence, and community — essential for any activist! If you’re passionate about progressive causes like climate change, equality, gun control, animal rights, or other social justice issues, and you want help making a bigger impact, YEA Camp was created just for you.
Included with your tuition:
- Comfortable cabin lodging with modern showers and bathrooms for 1 week (7 days, 6 nights)
- ALL meals and snacks (prepared three times daily by our on-site private vegan chefs)
- A week of planned workshops, leadership training, team-building exercises, games, self-care and wellness, visiting with animals, all-around hilarity, and more!
YEA Camp is designed to help you:
- Build your self-confidence to speak up for what you believe in.
- Learn skills you can apply right away, including how to creatively use the talents, experience, and network you already have
- Become more savvy and strategic to have a bigger impact.
- See a pathway to get more involved in politics, grassroots activism, philanthropy, social entrepreneurship, or other forms of change-making that feel right for you.
- Develop a plan to have a bigger impact with the time you have.
- Manage negative emotions and feel more optimistic about the movement for social justice and the important role you can play in it.
- Feel restored by spending a week in nature at an animal sanctuary with supportive, like-minded people (and animals!).
- Develop a practice of self-care to sustain a healthy, change-making life.
- Become part of a stellar community to cheer you on.
- Have one of the best weeks of your life, which is how so many of our campers describe it.
This will also be a very intimate group of no more than 50 people, and everyone will get to know everyone. You will have staff mentoring you and helping you develop your action plan for how you will make a difference when you go home.
We hope you can join us!